Sunday 25 January 2015

One product review : the body shop fijian water lotus eau de toilette



Hi fairies,

Today I want to talk to you about the body shop fijian water lotus eau de toilette I received this summer , and I’ve basically been using it ever since , I’ve just switched to a more wintery fragrance for the last couple of months. This eau de toilette has been my summer fragrance, I’ve tested it in all kind of weather, rainy, muggy and hot!





Let’s see how it’s described: Escape to the island paradise of Fiji… where we discovered a breathtakingly beautiful water lotus. We carefully hand-picked these flowers and created this delicate and unique scent with water lotus notes and frangipani accords for a breeze of fragrance straight from the Pacific.

Fresh aquatic-floral scent

Layer with other Fijian Water Lotus products to build the fragrance

Blend two scents from the collection to create your own fragrance

Price  16 .00 £ -22.00 € for 50 ml




What I like : first of all I love the packaging: the glass bottle is squared and slim, very handy, and it’s see through which is the way I like my bottles to be as it allows me to keep an eye of how much product is left. There’s a blue print in the front , a classic tropical scene , with two lotus flowers , turtles, palms and a beach, absolutely gorgeous and relaxing just by looking at it! It makes you think of clear water, summer breeze and a hammock hanging between trees, and in my opinion it’s very fitting to the perfume : I’m not very good at describing fragrances, to be honest I’m not good at all, but I’ll try my best, starting from the body shop’s description , that says there are top notes of mandarin and litsea followed by a burst of Fijian water lotus flower, rose and marine accord, and to sum it all up I would say it’s a very fresh, clean and summery fragrance that reminds me of sea, clean linen, summer breeze with a subtle citrusy scent that I guess it’s provided by mandarin. I am into sweet scents , foodie ones that smell of vanilla and cookies, with cinnamon and ginger, so my first thought was I wasn’t going to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised and I actually liked it a lot! It’s a perfect balance between citrus and something very ocean like and it’s absolutely perfect for summer, even when the temperature is high, because it’s not overwhelming and it’s not too strong! I used it all summer long and in my opinion is the perfect eau de toilette you can use everyday, for work or school or for shopping, as it’s not too powerful , it’s just a light and clean scent that, at least on my skin, doesn’t change nor turn into different notes, it stays true to itself.




What I don’t like: it’s not very long lasting, it fades away in a couple of hours, at least I’m not able to smell it after that amount of time, and others have a really hard time to do that too. I’d like it to last a bit longer but it’s an eau de toilette and I know I can’t expect it to stay on all day. When I match it with the Fijian water  body lotion the scent is a bit more long lasting, but I understand not everyone wants to buy both products. For some people it could be a bit pricey, but in my opinion it’s worth the money because it’s a unique fragrance , it doesn’t smell fake , it’s not “cheap” , it’s not overwhelming and you can wear it in any occasions.


My verdict: I never thought I would have liked a fragrance without vanilla in it, but I do and I’m definitely going to repurchase it when it’s gone! I have to recommend it because , in my opinion, it’s the perfect summery perfume, it will never feel too strong no matter how hot the weather would be! It will take you to a tropical island with its Fijian lotus notes , and it will make you think of a nice summer breeze, palm trees and white beaches!








Italian version:


Ciao fatine,

Oggi voglio parlarvi dell’ eau de toilette the body shop fijian water lotus che ho ricevuto l’estate scorsa, e che sto usando continuativamente da allora, solo nell’ultimo mese l’ho messa temporaneamente da parte per passare ad un profumo più invernale. Questa eau de toilette è stata la protagonista della mia estate,l’ho messa alla prova in tutte le condizioni climatiche, con la pioggia, l’umidità e le temperature elevate!



Vediamo come viene descritta: Una fragranza fresca, vibrante, che ti trasporta nelle meravigliose isole tropicali delle Fiji con la sua essenza marina. Direttamente dall'Oceano Pacifico, con frizzanti note di testa di mandarino, note centrali floreali di fiore di loto delle Fiji e Rosa damascena, e note di base marine. Con estratto di Fijian Water Lotus e con alcol biologico del Commercio Equo. Prezzo 16.00 £ -22.00 € per 50 ml.



Cosa mi piace: la prima cosa che vale la pena citare è la confezione: la bottiglia è in vetro, ha una forma quadrata ed allungata che la rende molto maneggevole, ed è trasparente, cosa che permette di tenere sotto controllo la quantità di prodotto rimasta. Sulla parte frontale c’è una stampa nei toni del blu, una classica scena tropicale, con due fiori di loto, tartarughe, palme e una spiaggia, che a me piace molto e rilassa solo a guardarla! Fa pensare ad acque limpide, alla brezza estiva, ad una palma che dondola fra due palme, insomma è adattissima alla fragranza! Non sono molto brava a descrivere i profumi, anzi sono decisamente negata, ma ci proverò, aiutandomi con la descrizione che ne fa il marchio, che sottolinea la presenza di note di testa di mandarino e litsea, seguite da un’esplosione di fiore di loto delle fiji, rosa ed accordi marini, quindi secondo me si può definire come una profumazione molto fresca, estiva e pulita che mi fa venire in mente il mare, la biancheria appena lavata, la brezza estiva ed anche,  come nota di coda, l’odore di agrumi che immagino venga dato dalle note di mandarino. Io amo i profumi dolci che sanno di vaniglia e di biscotti appena sfornati, con l’aggiunta di cannella e di un pizzico di zenzero, quindi credevo che questo profumo non mi sarebbe piaciuto per niente, ed invece sono rimasta piacevolmente sorpresa perché mi ha conquistato! C’è un perfetto equilibrio tra le note agrumate e quelle marine che lo rendono perfetto per l’estate, anche con il caldo torrido, perché non è troppo intenso! L’ho usato nei mesi estivi e, secondo il mio parere, è una profumazione adatta all’uso quotidiano, per andare al lavoro, a fare shopping  o a scuola, perché non è troppo pesante ma è fresco e leggero e, sulla mia pelle, non cambia , rimane fedele al profumo a sé stesso.



Cosa non mi piace: non dura molto a lungo,svanisce in un paio d’ore, almeno io non lo sento più dopo questo lasso di tempo, e anche gli altri fanno fatica ad individuarlo. Mi piacerebbe che fosse leggermente più persistente, anche se mi rendo conto che non posso pretendere che un eau de toilette duri tutto il giorno. Se abbinato alla lozione corpo della stessa linea dura di più, ma mi rendo conto che non tutti sono interessati ad acquistare entrambi i prodotti. Alcune persone potrebbero trovarlo un po’ caro, ma secondo me vale il prezzo che costa , dal momento che la fragranza è unica, è delicata e non ha un odore artificiale , non è dozzinale e la si può usare in qualsiasi occasione.


Il mio verdetto: non avrei mai pensato che potesse piacermi un profumo che non annovera tra i suoi componenti la vaniglia, ma invece è successo quello che non mi aspettavo, e credo proprio che lo ricomprerò una volta finita questa bottiglia! Mi sento quindi di consigliarlo perché, a mio parere, è un profumo adattissimo alla stagione estiva, che non sarà mai troppo forte , anche con le alte temperature! Vi porterà in un’isola deserta con le sue note di fiori di loto delle isole Fiji, vi farà sognare spiagge bianche e palme che ondeggiano, mosse da una delicata brezza estiva!


4 comments:

  1. Hey great post! I love your blog! I love all the boss perfumes you should try them out! Boss buit and ma'vee is amazing.

    Senay x

    http://pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.com/ ( my blog )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot, I'm glad you like my blog, I'll check yours out! I'll try them for sure!

      Delete
  2. Deve essere buonissima questa fragranza! :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...