Saturday 14 March 2015

spongebob nail art

Hi fairies,
I love getting inspired by cartoon characters because they are usually colorful, funny and they put a smile on my face, that’s why today’s nail art is dedicated to the one and only Spongebob! Do you like him? If you’ve got children you definitely know him, and I think you do even if you’re not a mom yet, he’s so popular it’s impossible not to!
I painted Spongebob on my thumb and on my ring finger , while on the rest of my nails I painted sea with some of its inhabitants; for Sponge Bob I first created a yellow background, and then I added orange dots in different sizes to get the idea of a sponge texture, and once it was completely dry I drew his face with acrylic paint and fine detailing brush. Of course I drew a happy and smiling Sponge Bob!
On the rest of my nails I created a light blue to turquoise gradient using a cosmetic sponge and dabbing two different blue shades on a light blue background starting from half of my nails ; I drew some sea star and some seaweed, and that was it, I hope you like it!






Italian version:

Ciao fatine,
Mi diverte ispirarmi a personaggi dei cartoni animati perché in genere sono colorati, divertenti e mi fanno sorridere, ecco perché la nail art di oggi è dedicata all’unico e solo SpongeBob! Vi piace? Se avete figli lo conoscete sicuramente, ma credo che lo conosciate anche se non siete ancora mamme, è talmente famoso che è impossibile non averlo visto almeno una volta!
Ho disegnato SpongeBob sul pollice e sull’anulare, mentre sul resto delle unghie ho scelto di riprodurre un paesaggio marino e alcuni dei suoi abitanti; per quanto riguarda Spongebob ho iniziato dando due passate di smalto giallo, e aggiungendo poi dei pallini arancioni di dimensioni diverse, per riprodurre l’aspetto di una spugna; una volta che lo sfondo era asciutto ho disegnato il volto usando colori acrilici e un pennello sottile da nail art. ovviamente ho rappresentato Spongebob con un bel sorriso!
Sul resto delle unghie ho creato una gradazione che va dal celeste all’azzurro e al turchese usando la tecnica della spugnetta, tamponando quindi due sfumature di azzurro partendo da metà unghia su uno sfondo celeste; ho disegnato delle stelle marine e delle alghe, ed è tutto, spero vi piaccia!





Products used:

kiko nail care smooth base ridge filler base coat

kiko nail care 3 in 1 shine fortifying base and top coat

kiko quick dry nail lacquer nr 832

kiko quick dry nail lacquer nr 835

layla nail polish ceramic effect nr ha 32

kiko cupcake nail polish nr 648

kiko nail polish nr 270


Americana acrylic paint in white, black, blue, green , red and yellow 

2 comments:

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...