Wednesday 4 June 2014

Smaltopedia #12: the last chapter




Hi fairies,
This is the last smaltopedia episode and I have to say time sure flies! It’s been twelve weeks already, unbelievable! I really enjoyed being part of it, it’s been a challenge and I couldn’t always get the result I wanted, but I tried nonetheless and I posted all of them, even when I struggled: it was part of the game wasn’t it?!
I want to thank the four girls who created smaltopedia and I’ll leave you links to their blog and fb pages , as usual! I hope there will be a second edition, I’m looking forward to it! Well done to all the bloggers who joined in, I saw amazing nail arts!


Fra Nails , here is the link to her blog and her fb page
Alessia aka MitikalinaNail , here's her  blog
Giuliè aka Giuliè nail art,  here's her  blog 
Lucrezia aka Let's play a nail game, here's her  blog 

This one is very trendy, like almost all the rest of them, it’s a geometric – tribal nail art on a neon yellow base with a glitter accent that I personally love, because to me no nail art is done without glitters!


The only neon yellow I own is a matte one and it doesn’t apply easily, I needed three coats to get an acceptable result, and I applied top coat to seal my design and to give the nail art a shiny finish. For the accent nail I used a silvery blue nail polish that is probably too dark compared with the original pic, but I like it!

That’s it for now, I’m running to see what the rest of you has come up with!



Italian version:

Ciao fatine,
Questo è l’ultimo episodio della smaltopedia e il tempo è proprio volato! Sono già passate dodici settimane, mi sembra di avere iniziato ieri! Partecipare è stato divertente, è stata soprattutto una sfida, e non sempre ho ottenuto il risultato che volevo, però ho provato e ho postato anche le nail art di cui non ero soddisfatta, perché faceva parte del gioco, no?!
Voglio ringraziare le quattro ragazze che hanno ideato smaltopedia , e come al solito vi lascio i link ai loro blog e pagine face book! Spero ci sarà una seconda edizione, non vedo l’ora! Complimenti a tutte le bloggers che hanno partecipato, ho avuto modo di vedere dei veri capolavori!


Fra Nails , qui trovate il link al suo blog e alla sua pagina facebook  
Alessia aka MitikalinaNail , qui c'è il suo  blog
Giuliè aka Giuliè nail art qui c'è il suo   blog 
Lucrezia aka Let's play a nail game, qui c'è il suo   blog 

La nail art di questa settimana è molto trendy, come molte delle altre scelte, è praticamente una manicure con motivi geometrici e tribali su una base giallo fluo con un tocco di glitter sull’indice, che personalmente amo perché secondo me nessuna nail art è completa senza glitters!


L’unico giallo fluo che ho ha la finitura matte e non si stende facilmente, ho fatto tre passate per ottenere un risultato accettabile,ed ho comunque applicato il top coat alla fine per rendere lo smalto lucido. Per l’indice ho usato una base blue metallizzata, che forse è troppo scura rispetto all’originale, ma tutto sommato a me non dispiace! 


È tutto per ora, corro a vedere cosa hanno combinato le altre!


Products used:

china glaze nail polish nt 875 in yellow polka dot bikini

kiko hologram nail lacquer nr 352

essence nail polish nail art twins nr 02 in Julia

kiko 3 in 1 shine fortifying base and top coat

Americana acrylic paint in black

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...