Monday 6 April 2015

Products smackdown : Mac candy yum yum vs Nyx hot pink lipstick nr 101

Hi fairies,
Today I’m comparing two lipsticks I own, because I read some thinks the Nyx one is a Candy Yum Yum dupe,and you can imagine I immediately went to open my drawer to see myself if that was true! 

Here’s my opinion:

Candy yum yum 

What I like : first of all it took quite a long time to put my hands on it, it was always out of stock, both online and in stores, and I was losing hope of adding it to my collection but, just like magic, and just when I wasn’t thinking of buying it, I got lucky and I got it with one of my “back to mac” ! I like the color, it is a neon fuchsia with a blue undertone, a pretty unique shade that will sure make your lips pop in a crowd! I’ve got a very fair complexion and , after seeing swatches and pics, I was afraid it would be too much on my lips but I was actually surprised by how wearable it is : I’m not saying it’s neutral , if you don’t like bright colors it’s not the lipstick for you, but it looks really nice even on pale skin like mine, it makes my features pop and my skin looks like porcelain. Even though it’s a matte it doesn’t apply patchy , it goes on smoothly and after just one coat you’ll get full coverage and a vibrant color. It’s long lasting, it lasts 8 hours for me without feathering or fading and it doesn’t dry my lips.


What I don’t like:  as I’ve just said it’s quite smooth to be a matte lipstick, but if your lips are on the dry side you should apply lip balm first. Color can be a bit intimidating at first, but once you try it on you will be surprised at how well it matches most skin tones.



Nyx hot pink lipstick nr 101

What I like : it’s a creamy lipstick that applies easily on your lips, it doesn’t dry them at all , it’s not patchy, the color is rich and full , it’s not streaky and it won’t emphasize fine lines; it’s got a shiny finish that is pretty long lasting and it’s very flattering ,your lips will look fuller and plump !even though the color is bright and vibrant, in my opinion once it’s on it’s not too much, it is one of those lipsticks you can wear everyday without feeling it’s inappropriate.  It looks good on different skin tones, I love how striking it is on my fair skin , but it looks great on dark complexions as well!



What I don’t like : it’s better wearing with a lip pencil underneath, and I do it with any lipsticks, because it might feather a bit due to its creamy texture. It has never happened to me but it feels really soft and smooth and , in my opinion, there’s the risk it might happen. It’s quite long lasting for a creamy lipstick, around 5 hours, but of course you can’t compare it to a matte one that lasts way longer than this one.


Differences : the first difference is the texture: candy yum yum is matte while Nyx Hot Pink is a creamy lipstick, and that to me is enough to say the Nyx isn’t a dupe: a dupe has to have the same texture and the same shade, else we are talking about similar products just, and that’s what these two are. Colorwise they are very similar, they look different in the bullet but once you apply them the shade is almost identical; the lasting power is not the same , Candy yum yum lasts longer than the Nyx one , and that’s because it is a matte lipstick. All in all I like them both and I wear the Nyx one more often to be honest, it looks better on my lips , I like the shiny finish it’s got!



Italian version:


Ciao fatine,
Oggi metterò a confronto due rossetti che possiedo, perché ho letto che il rossetto Nyx è considerato, da alcune, un dupe del Candy Yum Yum di Mac; potete immaginare che sono corsa ad aprire il mio cassetto per compararli e vedere con i miei occhi se era effettivamente così! Ecco la mia opinione:



Candy yum yum:

cosa mi piace: premetto che mi ci è voluto moltissimo tempo per mettere le mani su questo colore, era sempre esaurito sia online che nei negozi, e stavo perdendo la speranza, ma poi, come per magia, e proprio quando non pensavo al suo acquisto, ho avuto la fortuna di incontrarlo : l’ho preso con uno dei miei “back to mac”! Mi piace molto il colore, un fucsia neon con sottotono blu, una tonalità non comune che farà notare le vostre labbra tra la folla! Io ho la pelle chiarissima e, dopo aver visto diverse foto, temevo che non fosse adatto a me, ma invece sono rimasta stupita da quanto, una volta applicato, risulti portabile : non dico che sia un colore delicato, se non amate i rossetti dai colori accesi non fa per voi, ma l’effetto è bello anche con la mia carnagione pallida, mette in risalto i lineamenti e mi dona una pelle di porcellana. Nonostante la finitura sia matte si stende con facilità, avete una coprenza totale e un colore brillante dopo una sola passata. La durata è ottima, rimane impeccabile per 8 ore senza sbiadire o creare sbavature.


Cosa non mi piace: come ho appena detto , per essere un rossetto matte non secca particolarmente le labbra ma, se le vostre sono molto secche, vi consiglio di applicare un balsamo labbra prima del rossetto. Il colore può spaventare un po’ all’inizio, ma vi assicuro che una volta provato resterete stupite di come si abbini alla maggior parte delle carnagioni.



Nyx hot pink nr 101

Cosa mi piace: è un rossetto cremoso che si stende facilmente sulle labbra, non le secca, il colore è omogeneo, pieno e pigmentato, non lascia strisce e non enfatizza le naturali pieghette delle labbra; ha una finitura lucida che dura abbastanza a lungo, e dona alle labbra un aspetto sano e anche leggermente più pieno! Anche se è un rossetto molto pigmentato e la tonalità è accesa , secondo me una volta indossato risulta abbastanza naturale ed è adatto da portare tutti i giorni, non è eccessivo e non vi darà la sensazione di aver osato troppo. A me piace molto come sta sulla mia carnagione molto chiara, ma si adatta anche a carnagioni più scuri, anzi il contrasto fa ottenere un risultato mozzafiato!


Cosa non mi piace: è meglio abbinarlo ad una matita labbra, cosa che faccio con tutti i rossetti, perché credo che potrebbe sbavare un po’ se applicato da solo; a me non è mai successo, ma ha una consistenza cremosa ed è morbido e setoso, credo che ci sia questo rischio. Per il tipo di finitura che ha , la durata è buona, intorno alle 5 ore, ma ovviamente non si può paragonare a quella di un rossetto opaco che dura molto più a lungo.



Differenze: la prima differenza sta nella finitura: candy yum yum è matte, il Nyx è cremoso, e per me questo è già sufficiente per poter dire che non siamo di fronte ad un dupe: un dupe deve avere la stessa finitura e deve essere dello stesso colore, altrimenti siamo di fronte a prodotti simili, come in questo caso. Per quanto riguarda la tonalità, devo dire che è quasi identica, sembra diversa dallo stick ma , una volta applicati, sono quasi uguali; anche la durata è diversa, Candy yum yum è molto più resistente del Nyx, perché è un rossetto opaco. A me piacciono entrambi anche se, sinceramente, uso il rossetto Nyx più spesso, perché l’effetto sulle labbra, con quella finitura lucida e glossata, è eccezionale!


2 comments:

  1. It's good that they're not too different - both the shades are super gorgeous either way! I too prefer the finish of NYX! Great post

    Sinead xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nyx is more comfortable and it's pretty longlasting, it's awesome! thank you l'm glad you found it interesting :)

      Delete

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...