Sunday 17 November 2013

Help I've broken one of my nails!



Is there anything more annoying than when one of your long nail got broken? No there isn’t at least not for me! It takes time to grow nails out and I hate to cut them all and start the process all over again because I broke just one but I’m also aware that it doesn’t look nice when nails are uneven (even though I sometimes ignore this rule and I simply wait for the short one to grow back). What I do to gain more time before cutting the unlucky nail is the following : I put base coat on and then I cut a tiny bit of tissue paper, just enough to cover the exact point where my nails has broken. I place it on by using tweezers and being careful to cover the edges because that’s where your nail will get stuck and it will go on breaking and when I’m happy with that l cover it with another base coat layer. That will harden paper and it will last till your next manicure and it will allow your nail to grow out ! you will have to repeat the whole process when you remove nail polish and apply new of course, but it’s worth it and it takes only few minutes!



Step one : apply base coat where your nail is broken


 Step 2 : cut a piece of paper and use tweezers for a precise application

Step 3 : place it on where your nail is broken



 Step 4 : go around the edges and then seal it with base coat. And cut off the excess.






C’è qualcosa di più fastidioso di un’unghia che si spezza, specialmente quando è lunga? No, almeno non secondo me! Ci vuole tempo per far crescere le unghie e odio quando sono costretta a tagliarle tutte e aspettare che crescano di nuovo solo per colpa di un’unica unghia! So che non bisognerebbe mai avere unghie di diverse lunghezze (anche se, a dire il vero, delle volte ignoro questa regola e aspetto semplicemente che l’unghia sfortunata raggiunga di nuovo le altre). Quello che faccio per guadagnare tempo è il seguente procedimento :  applico una base trasparente su tutta l’unghia e poi taglio un pezzetto di carta, generalmente da un fazzoletto di carta, giusto la quantità necessaria a coprire il punto di rottura. Lo posiziono con l’aiuto di un paio di pinzette assicurandomi di coprire il bordo fin sotto l’unghia, perché è qui che l’unghia si incastrerà ed è questo che dobbiamo evitare. Una volta fatto questo applico un altro strato di base. La carta si indurirà e non si muoverà fino alla prossima manicure e la vostra unghia avrà il tempo di crescere! Dovrete ripetere l’intero processo ogni volta che togliete e rimettete lo smalto, ma porta via pochi minuti e vale decisamente la pena!

2 comments:

  1. wow, what a fantastic tip. and omg, your nails are sooo long :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. they were now l cut them all cuz 3 broke and l couldn't keep fixing them lol!

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...