Sunday 24 May 2015

One product review : Mac a novel romance nail polish in midnight strata

Hi fairies,
Last autumn mac launched a novel romance collection , and I bought few items , here you can see my haul, included a nail polish. It’s the second Mac nail polish I’ve ever purchased, the first one is really old and I can’t even compare it to new ones, I like that one a lot and it’s been perfect for seven years, I have no complain about it!
I decided to buy another one because I noticed Mac lowered prices, now a nail polish costs 10.00 € and in my opinion it’s not too expensive, that’s why I picked one out of the collection.




Let’s see how they’re described: a secret and passionate meeting will happen again with these six new nail polishes that will seduce you with intriguing dark shades created by the guru Marian Newman. Vibrant blue, carbon black and purple to allure you into the seducing darkness of the night, crimson and magenta to make your heart go on fire. Just like in a novel romance, the passion of this night adventure seems too good to be true. Price 10.00 €

Color: Midnight strata is a vibrant purple with cool undertone and a pearly finish; I picked this one because I loved the silver, fuchsia and blue iridescences to it, but once applied they don’t show up much and it looks like a very dark and deep cool purple. I still like the color but it’s not as unique as it seemed at first glance, it is a regular cool purple other brands sell as well. I was a bit disappointed to be honest,even though I still like it.


Texture: it’s not gloppy nor to sheer , and you get quite good coverage with first layer, but to me it looks better after two layers, because you can still see underneath with just one. With two layers coverage is really good, color pay off is great, it looks even darker than it seems in the bottle, it dries pretty fast and it’s easy to apply because it’s more similar to a cream finish nail polish than a pearly one, so it’s not streaky at all and the application is even.

Lasting power: it is a good nail polish, it lasted 4 days without chipping and that’s a really good result, not amazing but good. In my opinion it’s not more longlasting than kiko nail polishes but I know it changes a lot, some of you will disagree with me on that, but on my nails they last basically the same .

My verdict: it’s not an outstanding nail polish, you can find the same shade and the same quality at a lower price , I still like it and I’m glad I bought it but I wouldn’t splurge on more unless they come out with unique shades.



Italian version:

Ciao fatine,
L’autunno scorso Mac ha lanciato la collezione a novel romance e ho comprato alcuni prodotti, qui potete vedere il mio haul, compreso uno smalto. È il secondo smalto della Mac che possiedo, il primo è molto vecchio e non posso fare paragoni tra i due, però posso dirvi che ne sono rimasta soddisfatta e , dopo sette anni, era ancora perfetto, quindi ha avuto un’ottima durata! Ho deciso di comprare quello di cui vi parlerò oggi perché ho notato che i prezzi sono scesi, ora uno smalto costa 10.00 € e, secondo me, non è una cifra eccessiva, quindi ne ho acquistato uno!

Vediamo come vengono descritti: un ardente incontro clandestino si rinnova in sei smalti che ti seducono con gli intriganti toni notturni creati dalla nail guru Marian Newman. Blu acceso, nero carbone e violetto per attirarti nella seducente oscurità della notte, cremisi e magenta per incendiarti il cuore. Come in un romanzo rosa, la passione di questa avventura notturna appare fin troppo bella per essere vera. Prezzo 10.00 €.


Colore: Midnight strata è un viola con sottotono freddo con una finitura perlata; l’ho scelto perché mi avevano colpito le iridescenze argento, fucsia e blu , che però si perdono quasi completamente una volta che lo si applica: l’effetto sulle unghie è quello di un viola freddo molto scuro. Il colore mi piace lo stesso, ma non è così particolare come credevo, potete trovarne di simili anche a prezzo più basso e di altre marche. Sono rimasta leggermente delusa a dire il vero, anche se tutto sommato mi piace.

Consistenza: non è né troppo denso né troppo liquido,la copertura è abbastanza buona già dalla prima passata, anche se dà il meglio di sé dopo due passate, perché dopo la prima si intravede ancora l’unghia . con due passate invece, la copertura è ottima, il colore è molto intenso, risulta leggermente più scuro di come sembra nella bottiglia, si asciuga rapidamente e si applica facilmente, non lascia striature anche perché la finitura è più simile a quella di uno smalto cremoso che a quella di uno smalto perlato.


Durata: la durata è buona, sulle mie unghie ha resistito 4-5 giorni senza sbeccarsi e , per la mia esperienza, questo è un ottimo risultato, anche se non lo definirei eccezionale.  Sulle mie unghie non dura più a lungo degli smalti Kiko, che non si sbeccano per circa 4-5 giorni, e so che molte di voi non ci si trovano bene, ma io per fortuna non ho problemi.

everything I got from the collection


Il mio verdetto: non è uno smalto fantastico, potete trovare la stessa tonalità e la stessa qualità a un prezzo inferiore, a me piace e non mi pento di averlo acquistato, ma non ne comprerò altri a meno che non vengano proposti dei colori veramente unici. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...