Sunday 14 September 2014

eye makeup look "remember the time" : the 70's



Hi fairies,
For today’s look we’re turning back time until we’re back to the 70’s! It took me a while to make up my mind an what kind of makeup I wanted to do , because there were many different styles in the 70’s, from the twiggy style to the hippie one, or there was the dancing queen style, or the pop art one,and they’re all iconic ; eventually I chose the one I feel closer to, which is the dancing queen style, not because I am a dancing queen, quite the opposite, but because I like bold and glittery makeup and this is the most colorful and creative of them all in my opinion!
In the 70’s there weren’t as many eye shadow finishes as there are nowadays, there were matte ones or sparkly ones. Matte ones were quite chalky and patchy, while glittery ones were very glittery! I used a matte , bright blue, a must in the 70’s , all over my lid, and for highlighter I applied a matte white. I applied a teal in the outer corner, to deepen the look, and then I made a bold winged liner! Glitters are the final touch, no dancing queen was ready without them! I hope you like it!




Italian version:

Ciao fatine,
Per il look di oggi usiamo la macchina del tempo fino a fermarci negli anni 70! Ci ho messo un po’ a decidere quale stile riproporre, effettivamente negli anni 70 ce n’erano diversi, da quello di twiggy a  quello hippie, da quello ispirato alla disco dance a quello ispirato alla pop art, e sono tutti iconici e rappresentativi del periodo; alla fine ho deciso per quello a cui mi sento più vicina, che è quello ispirato alla disco dance, non perché sia brava a ballare, anzi! L’ho scelto perché amo il trucco importante e scintillante,e questo è lo stile più colorato e creativo fra tutti, secondo me!
negli anni 70 non esistevano così tante finiture di ombretti come oggi, c’erano quelli opachi e quelli glitterati, e gli opachi erano molto polverosi ed anche difficili da stendere in modo omogeneo, mentre quelli glitterati erano decisamente molto appariscenti! Io ho usato un azzurro opaco su tutta la palpebra mobile, un classico del periodo, e poi come illuminante ho applicato un ombretto opaco bianco. Nell’angolo esterno ho sfumato un turchese, per dare profondità allo sguardo, e poi non poteva mancare una linea spessa di eyeliner! I glitter sono il tocco finale che non potevano mancare per un look da regina della disco! Spero vi piaccia!




Products used:

urban decay primer potion

kiko long lasting stick eyeshadow nr 31

kiko infinity eye shadow nr 237

kiko infinity eye shadow nr 273

kiko infinity eye shadow nr 274

sugarpill loose pigment in darling

kiko loose pigment eyeshadow nr 30

makeup forever star powder nr 956

kiko infinity eyeshadow nr 200

cinecittà luminous powder nr 65

sephora glitter duo nr 01 aqua

kiko water eyeshadow nr 226

kiko kajal color pencil nr 110

urban decay 24/7 liquid liner in perversion

benefit mascara they’re real!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...