Monday 14 November 2016

Pocahontas nail art

Hi fairies,
Today’s nails are inspired by Pocahontas, one of the most sassy and strong Disney princess! Do you like her? I love the movie because it’s a bit different from the classic Disney’s , and it’s inspired by a true story, Pocahontas isn’t a fantasy character, she was a true Indian girl who lived in Virginia and then moved to England in 1600!
I painted my ring finger with a grey nail polish, my pinkie with an olive green nail polish , and the rest of my nails with a dark yellow nail polish, that should resemble her skin tone. Once my background was dry I started working on my middle finger, where I painted two black dots , for her eyes, and I added her eyebrows, while at the tip of the nail, and at the bottom I drew the front of her hair; on my thumb I drew a red curved line where there is the half moon, and from this line I painted horizontal lines down to the tip of my nail; I rounded the top, and this drawing represents her tattoo. On my index finger I painted her turquoise necklace, while on my ring finger I painted Meeko, which is her raccoon friend: his nose is a black, elongated dot, for his eyes I first drew two darker grey oval shapes , and I added white details on top for his eyebrows , and under his nose for whiskers. Last step is my pinkie, where I painted the hummingbird, and that’s it , I hope you like it!

pocahontas_nail_art

pocahontas_nail_art


Italian version:

Ciao fatine.
La nail art di oggi si ispira a Pocahontas, una delle principesse Disney dalla personalità più spiccata e dal carattere forte! Vi piace? A me piace il film perché è leggermente diverso dai classici film Disney con principesse come protagoniste, ed è ispirato a una storia vera, infatti Pocahontas non è un personaggio di fantasia , è realmente esistita nel 1600, era nata in Virgina e si trasferì poi in Inghilterra!
Ho dipinto il mio anulare con uno smalto grigio, il mignolo con uno smalto verde oliva, e il resto delle unghie con un giallo ocra che dovrebbe richiamare il colore della sua pelle. Una volta che il mio sfondo era asciutto, ho iniziato a lavorare sul medio, dove ho dipinto due pois neri sulla punta dell’unghia, che rappresentano gli occhi, mentre nella parte alta dell’unghia ho disegnato la parte frontale dei capelli; sul pollice ho disegnato una linea curva di colore rosso che segue la forma della lunetta dell’unghia, e da questa linea ho fatto partire delle linee verticali che raggiungono la fine dell’unghia; ho arrotondato i punti in cui le linee si incontrano, e questo disegno rappresenta il suo tatuaggio.Sull’indice ho dipinto la sua collana turchese, mentre sull’anulare ho disegnato il volto di Meeko, il suo amico orsetto lavatore: il suo naso è una forma ovale nera, i suoi occhi sono degli ovali grigio scuri a cui ho aggiunto le sopracciglia bianche, stesso colore che ho usato per i baffi sotto al naso. Come ultimo passaggio abbiamo la decorazione del mignolo, dove ho rappresentato il colibrì,ed è tutto, spero vi piaccia!

pocahontas_nail_art

pocahontas_nail_art

Products used:

world of beauty provita nails base coat

kiko perfect gel duo top coat

kiko power pro nr 101

kiko nail polish nr 369

kiko nail polish nr 328

china glaze nail polish nr 949 in starboard

Americana acrylic paint in red, black,yellow,blue


post signature

16 comments:

  1. adorabile questa nail art
    Ilenia's wardrobe
    http://www.ileniaswardrobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anche a me piace molto Pocahontas!
    Davvero originali queste unghie!

    XOXO

    Cami

    Paillettes&Champagne

    ReplyDelete
  3. ispirazione stupenda. brava xoxo rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molto simpatica questa nail art!!!

    www.armadiodivenere.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sempre più brava!

    S/ & M_
    https://myhipsteria.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ma che tenerezza!! Che carine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super creative e originali... le adoro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Originalissima questa decorazione :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. che creatività che hai!
    Sei sempre più brava =)

    claudia
    www.piccislove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sono davvero carinissime!!

    www.elisabettabertolini.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! Pocahontas is my favorite Disney movie/princess. These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...