Thursday 1 May 2014

all good things come to an end aka april empties



Hi fairies,

We’re at the end of April and it’s time to share with you my empties list…yes I know you were all waiting for this post!

First product l ran out of is my daily face cleanser, the Body Shop skin clearing facial wash: I’ve got oily skin and to keep shine at bay I need to use a purifying cleanser in the morning and, sometimes, in the evening as well. Doing that keeps my skin clear and I rarely get imperfections. I’ve been using this cleanser for years, along with other ones, and it’s a favourite of mine; tea tree is very effective on oily skin and I like the The Body Shop tea tree line; if you don’t like tea tree smell I suggest you not to buy any products because they all got a strong scent. I actually don’t mind, I’m used to it I guess!


Second product is a lip balm I’ve had for years, at least four , and I stopped using it when it was almost all gone, I don’t know why, I guess because I started putting lipsticks on after a no lipstick period: it is The body Shop Vanilla spice lip balm, a limited edition fragrance they sold at Christmas and that smells amazing! It smells exactly of vanilla and spices, cinnamon and clove are those I can smell the most, it was clear when you put it on your lips but it had a nice shimmer to it. It’s not too sticky and it’s moisturizing, I like it.


I’ve ran out of a nail polish this month, it is a lovely pastel yellow l bought at h&m and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how long it lasted, how easy it was to apply and by its quality: it wasn’t clumpy at all I was able to use it till the end and that’s saying something for such a cheap nail polish! Highly recommended! It’s called go bananas.


I basically go through a whole body butter jar every month, and this month I used The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle body butter, from the Christmas limited edition lines: I already told you last month I’m in love with Ginger Sparkle scent, I stock up during holiday season so I’ve got supplies for the following months, the scent is , in my opinion, heaven on earth, it smells of ginger cookies, cinnamon, ginger and biscuits! If you’ve tried any The Body Shop body butter you know how moisturizing they are, this one is no exception, a little goes a long way!



A favourite of mine when it comes to mattifying powders is urban decay razor sharp finishing powder, a very fine powder that doesn’t go into fine lines at all, it gives you an air brushed like finish and it keeps shine at bay all day! I love it and I have finished a jar this month, I’m definitely going to repurchase it, at the moment I’m using Urban Decay de sleek powder just for a change!




I ran out of a fyrinnae pigment and I’m happy about it: this one was a sample that came in a full size jar,it was a quarter of that,  it was called Chrome and it was a light silver; I’ve got so many pigments and I’m trying to use the older ones to make room for new ones!



I’ve also had the chance to try a new, for me, product these last few months, and it’s a Lush lip scrub,called Bubblegum: I never have dry lips , that’s why I’ve never bought a lip scrub, but this one was a gift and as it’s fresh and doesn’t last forever, I used it every night before going to bed. First of all I love the smell, it’s true to its name, it tastes like bubblegum and it’s hard not to eat it! One of the main ingredient is sugar, mixed with jojoba oil , I think it’s easy and cheaper to do it yourself at home, anyway I really enjoyed it and it left my lips super soft , it does make a difference! I’ll post a review soon!




Last but not least is the Sephora smoothing primer, a face primer good for everyday looks as it’s not heavy and it won’t erase any imperfections, it will give your face an even complexion and you will still look natural!



 

That’s it for this month, see you next month with new empties!





Italian version:


Ciao fatine,

Siamo alla fine di Aprile ed è arrivato il momento di condividere con voi la lista dei prodotti finiti…lo so che stavate aspettando questo post con ansia!

Il primo prodotto che ho terminato è il mio detergente viso, the Body Shop skin clearing facial wash: ho la pelle grassa, e per evitare che si lucidi devo usare un detergente specifico, purificante, la mattina, e a volte anche la sera. In questo modo non ho praticamente , se non molto di rado, imperfezioni. Uso questo prodotto da anni, alternandolo ad altri, ed è uno dei miei preferiti; il tea tree è efficace sulle pelli grasse, e mi trovo molto bene con la linea al tea tree di The Body Shop. Se non vi piace l’odore del tea tree vi sconsiglio di provare qualsiasi prodotto della gamma, perché si sente parecchio! A me non dà fastidio, penso di essermi abituata!


Il secondo prodotto è un balsamo labbra che avevo da anni, almeno quattro, e che avevo smesso di usare proprio quando stavo per finirlo, non so per quale motivo, forse perché avevo ricominciato a mettere il rossetto dopo un lungo periodo di pausa : è il The body Shop Vanilla spice lip balm, una profumazione che era uscita per Natale in edizione limitata che a me piace moltissimo! Profuma proprio di vanilla e spezie, quelle che io sento di più sono la cannella e i chiodi di garofano; era trasparente una volta applicato ma aveva un leggero shimmer dorato, non era troppo appiccicoso e nutriva le labbra, lo promuovo.



Questo mese ho finito anche uno smalto, un bel giallo pastello comprato da h&m che mi ha piacevolmente colpito per durata, per la facilità di applicazione e per la qualità: è rimasto fluido fino alla fine, non si era addensato per nulla, sono riuscita ad usare tutto il prodotto senza problemi, e considerando il prezzo basso, credo che sia veramente un punto a suo favore, lo consiglio!



Si può dire che ogni mese uso un barattolo di burro corpo, e questo mese ho usato il The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle body butter, di una delle edizioni limitate natalizie: vi ho già detto il mese scorso quanto ami la profumazione Ginger Sparkle, dico solo che finchè è in vendita ne compro quantità industriali per poterlo poi usare nei mesi successivi! Il profumo, secondo me, è paradisiaco, odora di cannella, zenzero, biscotti allo zenzero! Se avete provato uno qualsiasi dei burri corpo di The Body Shop sapete quanto siano idratanti, questo non fa eccezione, ne basta pochissimo!


Una delle mie polveri opacizzanti viso preferite è senza dubbio la Urban Decay razor sharp finishing powder, una cipria finissima che non va ad enfatizzare le rughette d’espressione, ma anzi vi regala un risultato simile all’air brush e mantiene la pelle opaca per ore! Questo mese ne ho finita una confezione, la ricomprerò sicuramente, non appena sarà terminata la Urban Decay de sleek powder che sto usando, semplicemente perché le alterno!



Ho terminato anche un pigmento Fyrinnae, e sono molto contenta: questo era un campioncino che era in un barattolino usato per una confezione intera che era piena per un quarto, si chiama Chrome ed era un argento chiaro ; ho talmente tanti pigmenti, troppi forse, e sto cercando di smaltire quelli più vecchi per far spazio a nuovi acquisti!



Ho anche avuto modo di provare un prodotto, per me , nuovo in questi ultimi mesi, un esfoliante labbra di Lush, Labbracadabra : non ho mai le labbra secche, motivo per cui non sento la necessità di esfoliarle, ma questo è stato un regalo, ed essendo un prodotto fresco che va consumato preferibilmente in tempi brevi, ho iniziato ad usarlo tutte le sere prima di andare a dormire. Ha un profumo buonissimo e dolcissimo, proprio di gomma da masticare come suggerisce il nome originale, è difficile trattenersi dal mangiarlo! Uno degli ingredienti principali è lo zucchero, arricchito da olio di jojoba, credo che sia facile e molto più economico farlo da soli in casa, comunque mi è piaciuto molto, lasciava le mie labbra molto morbide, ho notato la differenza, posterò presto una recensione completa!



Ultimo prodotto per questo mese è lo smoothing primer di Sephora , una base lisciante viso che si può usare tutti i giorni, perché uniforma l’incarnato senza risultare troppo artificiale, non elimina le imperfezioni e non annulla i pori per esempio, ma vi dà comunque un aspetto più curato senza eccessi.


E per questo mese è tutto, ci vediamo il prossimo con altri prodotti finiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...