Monday 5 May 2014

Product smackdown: mac lipsticks candy yum yum vs embrace me



Hi fairies,
Today we’re gonna compare two mac lipsticks, two of the most popular ones I’d say , and they are candy yum yum and embrace me. They are two fuchsia shades, both with a matte finish, but let’s take a closer look ! Is it worth buying them both?
which is which?!


Candy yum yum 

What I like : first of all it took quite a long time to put my hands on it, it was always out of stock, both online and in stores, and I was losing hope of adding it to my collection but, just like magic, and just when I wasn’t thinking of buying it, I got lucky and I got it with one of my “back to mac” ! I like the color, it is a neon fuchsia with a blue undertone, a pretty unique shade that will sure make your lips pop in a crowd! I’ve got a very fair complexion and , after seeing swatches and pics, I was afraid it would be too much on my lips but I was actually surprised by how wearable it is : I’m not saying it’s neutral , if you don’t like bright colors it’s not the lipstick for you, but it looks really nice even on pale skin like mine, it makes my features pop and my skin looks like porcelain. Even though it’s a matte it doesn’t apply patchy , it goes on smoothly and after just one coat you’ll get full coverage and a vibrant color. It’s long lasting, it lasts 8 hours for me without feathering or fading and it doesn’t dry my lips.


What I don’t like:  as I’ve just said it’s quite smooth to be a matte lipstick, but if your lips are on the dry side you should apply lip balm first. Color can be a bit intimidating at first, but once you try it on you will be surprised at how well it matches most skin tones.
embrace me hit by sunlight





Embrace me

What I like: the color is described as a “bright fuchsia”, it is a retro matte lipstick and, compared to candy yum yum, it’s a bit more drying , but  it’s  fairly easy to apply and you’ll get good coverage with one coat. It is a bright fuchsia with a blue undertone, in my opinion the color is more intense and it’s got a bit more magenta in it than candy yum yum. It feels very velvety on my lips and it’s longlasting, it stays on 6-8 hours .

What I don’t like : the only thing is the same I mentioned on candy yum yum, it can dry your lips if they are already dry so make sure to apply a lip balm beforehand.

Differences: as for the color, candy yum yum tone is a bit cooler and pay off is brighter, while embrace me is more of a true to its name fuchsia, in a way more wearable. Embrace me applies a little less smoothly than candy yum yum , but they’re both quite creamy for matte lipsticks. When applied , at least on my lips, it’s hard to tell which is which. Can you?! In my opinion you don’t need to have both of them unless you’re really a fuchsia lover or you want candy yum yum is so popular and you can’t live without it. 




Italian version:

Ciao fatine,
Oggi mettiamo a confronto due rossetti Mac, due dei più famosi, che sono candy yum yum ed embrace me. Sono due rossetti fucsia, entrambi dal finish opaco, ma vediamoli più nel dettaglio! Vale la pena comprarli tutti e due?


Candy yum yum

cosa mi piace: premetto che mi ci è voluto moltissimo tempo per mettere le mani su questo colore, era sempre esaurito sia online che nei negozi, e stavo perdendo la speranza, ma poi, come per magia, e proprio quando non pensavo al suo acquisto, ho avuto la fortuna di incontrarlo : l’ho preso con uno dei miei “back to mac”! Mi piace molto il colore, un fucsia neon con sottotono blu, una tonalità non comune che farà notare le vostre labbra tra la folla! Io ho la pelle chiarissima e, dopo aver visto diverse foto, temevo che non fosse adatto a me, ma invece sono rimasta stupita da quanto, una volta applicato, risulti portabile : non dico che sia un colore delicato, se non amate i rossetti dai colori accesi non fa per voi, ma l’effetto è bello anche con la mia carnagione pallida, mette in risalto i lineamenti e mi dona una pelle di porcellana. Nonostante la finitura sia matte si stende con facilità, avete una coprenza totale e un colore brillante dopo una sola passata. La durata è ottima, rimane impeccabile per 8 ore senza sbiadire o creare sbavature.


Cosa non mi piace: come ho appena detto , per essere un rossetto matte non secca particolarmente le labbra ma, se le vostre sono molto secche, vi consiglio di applicare un balsamo labbra prima del rossetto. Il colore può spaventare un po’ all’inizio, ma vi assicuro che una volta provato resterete stupite di come si abbini alla maggior parte delle carnagioni.

Embrace me

cosa mi piace: il colore viene descritto come un “fucsia acceso” , la finitura è retro matte e, rispetto a  candy yum yum , secca un po’ di più le labbra, si stende comunque con facilità ed in modo uniforme e si ottiene una buona coprenza già con una sola passata. È un fucsia intenso con sottotono blu, secondo me il colore è più magenta di candy yum yum. È vellutato, dura a lungo , anche lui tra le 6 e le 8 ore.


Cosa non mi piace: l’unica cosa , come ho già detto per candy yum yum, che posso citare come difetto è che se avete le labbra secche o  che tendono a seccarsi , vi consiglio di applicare un balsamo labbra come base. È vero che sono degli ottimi matte e che non hanno una consistenza dura o secca, ma sono pur sempre dei matte e non sono certo idratanti come un rossetto cremoso.

Differenze: per quanto riguarda il colore, candy yum yum è più neon e più acceso,mentre embrace me vira più verso il magenta ed è, per certi versi, più portabile. Candy yum yum si stende un po’ più facilmente di embrace me, ma sono entrambi ottimi rossetti matte. Una volta applicati, almeno sulle mie labbra, è difficile distinguerli: voi ci riuscite?! Secondo me non è indispensabile averli tutti e due, a meno che non siate delle amanti delle tonalità fucsia o non vogliate aggiungere candy yum yum alla vostra collezione vista la popolarità che ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...